A summary of his research were published in the December edition of the Parish Pump.
His son, also Giles, who inherited the estate in 1671, pulled down the old house in 1684 and built an elegant new mansion.
Within the wood traces of exotic plantings bang kvinder dato and some of the paths survive (2000) together with the remains of a moat which surrounded an earlier house set within these woods and shown to still exist on the 1786 estate map.
This still needs checking for accuracy.Poll of Voters 1847.After much correspondence and liaison with the Bishop of Colchester, the search for a new priest in charge of the United Benefice of Debden and Wimbish came to a successful conclusion with the appointment of the Rev Hilary Davy who was licensed to take.A second set of gate piers on the south side of the stable courtyard entrance leads the drive south-east to the site of the mansion.New to researching your family tree or unsure where to find information?This link is already formatted for Essex History in the book section.Henry Blackie carefully researched old archives and records to identify all the individuals that were buried in the Vault in the 18th and 19th century.Historic development, at the beginning of the C16 the manor of Shortgrove was acquired by the Finderne family.This project will be completed once checks for accuracy of the transcription have taken place.Following several brief ownerships Shortgrove was purchased by Carl Meyer who, together with his wife Adele, lived on the estate in great style.The village activities over the last twelve months have revolved around some brand new topics, like the town twinning with the Nepalese village of Tang Ting, and some old ones like the application for funding to build a new village hall, together with some very.Scanning into digital copies of a large number of old Debden photographs.The 1889 sale catalogue describes the pleasure grounds at the time as 'the embodiment of natural beauty and artistic design reached from the house lawn by the Mile Walk 'unsurpassable in the sylvan beauties of its surroundings' and linked to The Green Drive in the.The result is noted in Chater's obituary published in the Gardeners' Chronicle in 1885, on the OS 1st edition 25" map of 1887, and in the sale catalogue which was produced in 1889 when William datoer sexlyst Smith died.History of Debden, the Fox, Debden,.1955, reproduced courtesy of The Francis Frith Collection.Immediately to the north-east of the house site is the stable courtyard (listed grade II now (2000) a range of private dwellings known as North House, Clock House, and South House.




[L_RANDNUM-10-999]